Oil and Gas Leases | Disturbance of Land | Location of Activity | Profits | Lease Review |State Law | Contract Issues |Activity | Length of Lease

black gold

What is the State Law?

Pennsylvania law allows gas resource development  without adversely impacting state agriculture  preservation programs if no permanent building is  constructed. A similar rule applies with the federal  program CREP as long as the land is restored back to  a farmable condition.

A landowner must repay CREP money on any land that  is not restored. The tax program Clean and Green  allows land to contain a well head and access road  without affecting program status. Prior to signing a  lease, the landowner may negotiate for the company to  pay any rollback taxes owed the government. Q: Is it  possible to lease my land without having my property  disturbed by drilling? A: Yes. You could negotiate a no  surface activity clause into your lease which means a  company can place your property in a drilling unit and  drill on property adjacent to it.

Call Today For a Free Consultation!

Phone Us Any Time.